* Webby Awards People’s Voice Winner for Innovation, 2012 *
* Mobile World Congress Award Winner for Innovation, 2012 *
Meet the world’s smartest touchscreen keyboard for Android.
SwiftKey 3 understands how words work together, giving much more accurate corrections and predictions than other keyboards. Very sloppy typing will magically make sense, even if you miss spaces, and SwiftKey 3 also predicts your next words.
* Upgrading from SwiftKey X, you may experience trouble with apostrophes or accented characters in predictions. This is because you need to update your language models. To do this, go to Settings, Languages & layouts, press menu and tap "update languages". When "update" appears next to your language(s), press it. When you return to your keyboard things should be working properly. *
SwiftKey 3 learns the words and phrases you use, and how you interact with your keyboard as you use it, to make typing easier and even more accurate over time. You can also personalize it using your Gmail, Facebook, Twitter or blog posts.
SwiftKey is among Android's best selling apps for a reason -- it transforms your keyboard, making typing a breeze and saving you hassle every day.
Here’s what’s new:
* Smart Space – adding to SwiftKey’s already cutting edge correction, Smart Space detects mistyped or omitted spaces across strings of sloppily typed words in real-time.
* Two new themes – a new theme, ‘Cobalt’, to match SwiftKey’s new look and feel, and an Ice Cream Sandwich-styled ‘Holo’ theme, as voted for by SwiftKey’s VIP community.
* An enhanced UI – a much larger space bar and smart punctuation key help improve accuracy and make it quick and easy to access common punctuation. Just tap and slide left on the period for exclamation point, or tap and slide right for question mark. No need to long-press.
* Additional languages – SwiftKey 3 now offers support for an additional seven languages, bringing the total up to 42. The new languages are Korean, Estonian, Farsi, Icelandic, Latvian, Lithuanian and Serbian. And of course, you can still enable up to three at once.
Support for QWERTY, QWERTZ, QZERTY, AZERTY, DVORAK, COLEMAK, Arabic, Bulgarian, Greek, Hebrew, Korean, Persian (Farsi), Russian and Ukrainian layouts.
Below are a list of issues which we are aware of and are working on to resolve:
* Problems with the cursor jumping and/or disappearing in the Chrome browser beta.
* Crowded language text on the space bar pop-up when switching between multiple language layouts.
* In some language layouts, occasionally the secondary characters on the keys temporarily disappear.
2.1 and up